Overnight All-Inclusive Adventure Photography Workshop
This is our overnight all-inclusive adventure workshop! An eco-friendly camping/cabin stay in Kauai's spectacular Koke'e State Park! All of your backpacking, food and camping gear that you'll need is provided for by us!
Hiking difficulty: tailored to you!
Hosted as needed. Please book at least 2 weeks in advance.
- One-on-one, instruction with a local experienced, professional photographer.
- You have the choice if you'd like to camp in paradise or stay at a cozy cabin! (We love both)
- An overnight camping or cabin stay.
- Extremely rare shooting opportunities in the most breathtaking landscapes on the island.
- Transport to and from the various shooting locations.
- All meals, camping and backpacking equipment, cabin and permits needed will be provided for you during the workshop.
- Valuable knowledge relating to professional camera technology, conceptual critiques, digital post-production, workflow and on location shooting experience.
On the first evening of our workshop, we'll meet at a local cafe for some food, camaraderie and image show and tell. Here we can all get to know each-other and plan what hiking gear we will need for the next day. We will do a technical review and a photography concept talk.
The following morning, we'll all meet at a local cafe, make sure we've got all the necessary equipment and kick off the workshop! We'll head up to Koke'e State Park to check into the cabin or setup our camp, stopping to shoot along the way. There are many jaw-dropping views from the four thousand foot cliffs down into the ocean and lush forests that meets us around every turn. We'll cover a variety of photography styles during this amazing multi-day experience and you'll come away with a stunning final collection of images of Kaua'i!
By mid-afternoon we'll be at our cabin / campsite and after we stop by and unpack we'll do more exploring! We will have the rest of the day to keep shooting until the sun goes down. After a great dinner together we will do some night exploring and shoot the starry sky or moon over the valley!
Sunrise here is incredible, so we'll be up before dawn to hike and catch the early morning rays. After breakfast we'll shoot and relax until it's time to pack up and head out. After returning to the east side, we'll take a break and then meet up once more for our final class! We'll review images, discuss techniques for post-processing, workflow and offer critiques. We're going to take you every step of the way from capture to the final polished images. When we're all finished its our wrap-up hurrah!
We can't WAIT for you to join us on this unforgettable photography adventure!
Patrick & Mallory
"My days spent with Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops were so much more than just photography lessons. The experience was one-of-a-kind, and far surpassed my expectations... Best decision I ever made."—Misha, G. (Malibu, California)
Our other workshops: