7 Day Adventure Photography Retreat
September 27th to October 4th, 2018
We are excited to announce our week-long adventure workshop! This is an immersive photography program and an unforgettable experience of Kauai!
(Reserve your spot early with an $800 deposit.)
BEGINNER to ADVANCED photographers are welcome!
- One on one, individualized instruction with experienced professional photographers.
- Accommodation at a beautiful Hawaiian home where we will be hosting the workshop.
- Transportation to all field sessions and workshop activities.
- Includes a NāPali Coast State Park catamaran sunset photography excursion.
- Image reviews, critiques, post-processing instruction.
- Extremely rare shooting opportunities in the most breathtaking landscapes on the island.
- We can bring you to locations that are not possible with any other group class for jaw-dropping images.
September 27th: You are welcome to arrive at our workshop accommodations anytime during the afternoon to unpack and settle into your room. The workshop commences with a group orientation and some classroom training this evening.
September 28th–October 3rd: We’ll shoot everyday sunrise and sunset, with other shooting opportunities during the day as well. There will be options for day hikes in Waimea Canyon and the north shore. We will be taking a catamaran out on the water one afternoon for a sunset dinner sail along the NaPali Coast to capture it in it’s best light. With clear skies, we’ll stay out after sunset a couple evenings to shoot the stars and night sky. We have numerous spots we’d like to take you but we’ll keep the itinerary flexible so we can do the right thing based on local conditions. We will have image review sessions as time allows and we’ll also be teaching our post-processing tips and techniques.
October 4th: After the sunrise field session, we will celebrate our week and conclude our workshop together with a big hearty breakfast at one of our favorite local cafes! If you will be departing on the 4th from Kauai please try to schedule your flight out no earlier than noon. For participants planning to stay additional nights on Kauai, plan to check out from your room before noon.
This workshop retreat will be intense, fun, and highly educational! This is the best way to venture into the heart of Kauai and hone your photography skills while capturing amazing images. It is designed to be the most flexible workshop for a customized experience and unparalleled photographic opportunities.
We are not like a photography tour. We will not rush you around from place to place. This workshop is for you if want to capture the best images possible during your visit to Kauai. We will explore off-the-grid locations to find the hidden images. We will challenge you to push yourself and improve as a result. We make sure that our itinerary is flexible so we can adapt to changing lighting conditions to get the best images and be in the right place at the right time. These adventures are always unique and no two are ever the same!
Whether it's seascapes and mountains or jungles and waterfalls, we'll hunt down the best photographic possibilities bar none.
We specialize in fun and adventure, and we seize any photographic opportunities we may find. Our goal is not to limit ourselves to one type of shooting, but to teach the mindset of being able to photograph whatever you might come across in your travels with confidence and style. Check out the the workshop gallery to get an idea of what kinds of shooting we'll be doing along the way and register for your workshop today!
If I took a day workshop with you in the past, will I get to see new places/ have new experiences?
- Absolutely! The week-long retreat is an entirely new and different experience all together. As a small group of photo enthusiasts, we will will have much more time to venture deeper into the island than the single day workshops allow for. We will also be spending time together as a group critiquing images, geeking out about photo gear and technique, and working one-on-one with you in post-production.
Where will we be staying?
- We are renting out a luxury condo by the beach! As a group we will be staying in a spacious five bedroom, charming condo on the south shore of Poipu. The condo is walking distance from the beach, has BBQ, full kitchen, hot tub, exercise room, pool, bar, AC, internet, washing machine, and everything else you need to have a comfortable stay while you are here.
What are we doing about food/meals?
- Due to the wide range of dietary needs and interest held by our guests we will leave the lunches and dinners up to you. We will provide an assortment of light breakfast foods and coffee each morning before heading out to shoot sunrise. We will also have a variety of snacks available to you while shooting.
Can my spouse, partner or friend come as a guest?
- Sure! There are a couple private rooms available and if you’d like to bring a guest along to stay with you in one of the private queen bedrooms, that’s not a problem at all. If you’d like to request one of the private queen bedrooms for you and your guest there will be a $695 up-charge. There are only a few private rooms available though and they are available on a first come first serve basis. Your guest can be included for everything except the field shooting because space is limited in our jeeps and we try to keep our group size as small as possible while we are out working.
What about transportation?
- All transportation during the workshop to and from the shooting locations will be fully provided. However, all secondary trips and excursions will require the use of a personal vehicle. If you plan to rent a vehicle, let us know and we can get you a 10% discount with the local rental companies.
What photography experience level is this retreat suited for?
- More than anything we are looking for a fun group of people who have the willingness and mobility to go off the beaten path with us. We will guide you from wherever your skill level might be, so long as you come with an open mind and are looking to grow!
What is the cancellation policy for this workshop?
- If you need to cancel before June 20th for any reason, we can refund your workshop in full. (Minus a $100 reservation processing fee.) If, however, you cancel after June 20th, we can not issue a refund for this workshop because it requires all reservations and permit costs be paid by this date on our end. However, we will hold 50% of your workshop reservation funds as a credit towards any future workshop with us.
Call or email with any questions you may have. Please contact us! (Student discounts available.)
"I am fairly knowledgeable and was worried the outing would be too basic. However, their vast knowledgeable and obvious and contagious enthusiasm made for a great workshop. They were able to answer my questions and helped me leave with some unique photographs I would not have otherwise taken, a renewed enthusiasm for photography, and with great memories. This workshop is a must!"—Farzad T. (Los Angeles, California)
Our other workshops: